- "Dear Michael, I wanted to drop you this brief letter of appreciation on behalf of our family, for the impeccable way in which you conducted the funeral service for Dad yesterday.From the moment we first met you, we were all drawn to your warmth and sincerity and were greatly comforted by the confidence of knowing that we were in very safe and capable hands.As you will very well know, families suddenly confronted by circumstances such as those we faced, feel vulnerable and very much in need of sensible and confident guidance. You very much fulfilled our need and your patience, your flexibility and your good humour made this challenging task so much easier to confront. My grateful thanks, again, for the sensitive and caring, and very skilled, way in which you guided us through what all in the family felt to have been a most memorable and satisfying funeral service for our father. With all best wishes, Philip"
- "Thank you for officiating at Don’s Funeral Service. We appreciated your quiet unobtrusive manner, and your choice of the final readings. Friends have since copied the words from ‘You can shed tears’ because they were so impressed."
- "Just want to say a big thank you for the exceptional role you played as funeral celebrant at Ian’s service. We received many comments on how well you did and everyone agreed how appropriate it was to have a fine Scotsman and in his kilt too. Thank you for making such a difficult time, so bearable for us."
- "Thank you so much for officiating at Jack’s funeral. You made it feel very personal and special and we couldn’t have wished for a better send off to him. There are some funny moments (like you nearly being blown into the grave!) that will remain with us."
- Just wanted to thank you for a beautiful farewell for my Dad, Michael Hearne, yesterday. I was really pleased with how it all went and so was my husband, Ron. It was a simple ceremony which my father would have liked very much as he wasn't one for fuss or especially being centre of attention. However, the flowers were beautiful, the music lovely and the words in the service sheet were just spot on. Desiderata is very much a favourite of mine - thank you.
The opportunity to write messages on my dad's casket I found strangely comforting and thank you for that great little poem book. There were a couple of nice poems in it but "Gone from my sight" was particularly relevant for both myself and my Dad. He was a man of the sea and whenever I took him out for a drive we always ended up at a beach or near a harbour. I won't be able to go to those places now without thinking
of him which will be nice. The kids didn't really say anything as they are still
coming to grips with the suddeness of it all but I know they, like Ron
& I, enjoyed the simplicity but poignancy of the celebration.
Thank you for your help with making this moment so memorable. You were uncannily on the mark.
Arohanui - Mina & Ron Davies and Family
- On behalf of Mum and the family I want to thank you for your part in Dad's service yesterday. It was everything we had hoped for and your words were just right for the occasion and well delivered. I hope you know that you were more than welcome to remain behind for the refreshments, we hadn't realised you were leaving when you did. We also mentioned to Lee that we were very pleased with our decision to have you as our celebrant.